A Passion for our Patients and our Dentistry.
Our purpose is to welcome you, treat you warmly, and deliver quality general, reconstructive, cosmetic and implant dentistry. We proudly support Dr. Hogan’s axiom of “health, comfort, function, longevity and beauty,” seeking this goal in every dental restoration we complete.
Education, professional history, and qualifications for Adam M. Hogan, D.D.S., FAGD
Honors and Societies: _
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral Implantology (ABOI)
- Fellow, American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID)
- Fellow, American Academy of General Dentistry (AGD) (FAGD)
- Fellow, International Congress of Oral Implantologists (ICOI)
- Certificate – General Practice Hospital Residency, Portsmouth Naval Hospital, (GPR)
Community Service/Volunteerism: _
- Various National and Regional AAID Committees (2012-present)
- Volunteer Dentist – The American Red Cross of Norfolk, VA
- Past President – Virginia Beach Dental Study Club
- United States Navy, Dental Officer (2003-2006)
- United States Marine Corps (Enlisted,) Corporal (1992-1996)
- The University of Michigan – Pre-medicine and Anthropology/Zoology
- The University of Michigan School of Dental Medicine – DDS in 2003
- General Practice Hospital Residency – Portsmouth VA, United States Navy- 2004
- Graduate – Medical College of Georgia, MAXI course (MCG, AAID) – 2007
- United States Marine Corps, 1992-1996
- American Board of Oral Implantology, (ABOI)
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry (AAID)
- American Academy of General Dentistry (AGD)
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD)
- Tidewater Dental Association (TDA)
- Virginia Dental Association (VDA)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Seaboard Dental Study Group
- Virginia Implant Study Group
- Virginia Beach Dental Study Club
Dr. Hogan is a general dentist, accomplished implant dentist, life-long learner, teacher, father, and resident of Shore Drive/Virginia Beach. He has a passion for his patients and personalizes his work. He coined the term “We treat people, NOT teeth!” He felt so strongly about this philosophy that he won a copyright trademark on this and other similar phrases. People who have been to his practice recognize and appreciate the time he takes to care for them and get to know them by name, face and family.
After his enlistment in the Marine Corps, Dr. Hogan began his professional studies at The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. There he attended both undergraduate university followed by dental school. At the Michigan school of Dentistry, he served student council and the community while concurrently receiving clinical accolades and awards. He earned the Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree (DDS) in May 2003. From 2003 to 2006 Dr. Hogan again served in the armed forces as Navy dentist/ and flight deck officer. Lieutenant (Doctor) Hogan completed a hospital residency (GPR) at Portsmouth Naval Hospital in 2004. His experience was focused in oral surgery to include dental implantology. In 2005 and 2006, he was appointed the only dentist aboard the USS Ashland, LSD-48. There he provided quality and comprehensive dental care to sailors, Marines, and foreign military.
Dr. Hogan resigned military service in 2006 and partnered with Dr. Baxter, an internationally recognized icon in implant dentistry. Subsequently, Dr. Baxter was a phenomenal mentor to Dr. Hogan in general and implant dentistry. Adding to his professional implant education, Dr. Hogan completed a 1-year postgraduate program (MAXI course) in dental implantology sponsored by the American Academy of Implant Dentistry. In the subsequent years he studied and took examinations in Chicago, IL with the AAID and ABOI earning his Associate Fellow, Fellow and Diplomate implant credentials. As of 2013 less than 500 dentists worldwide hold this credential in implant dentistry. He performed well on examinations and would later be asked to lecture and teach dental implantology to other dentists. His lectures have been local, regional, national and even international. He had the honor of lecturing to dentists in Bologna, Italy in February 2013.
Dr. Hogan credits his happiness and success to his enlistment in the United States Marine Corps, good parents and mentors along the way. He enjoys the beach, boating, wake boarding, playing hockey, working out, and spending time with his children. He lives in the Shore Drive area of Virginia Beach and proudly supports his local community through youth athletics, coaching and volunteerism.
Although retired from the Navy after a distinguished, twenty-five-year career, Dr. Nancy Reeves, DDS gratuitously agreed to practice part-time with our family of staff and patients.
Dr. Reeves is an accomplished dentist. Among her accolades, she is a board-certified prosthodontist and CEREC trainer for Sirona Dental Systems. She has served and practiced dentistry with many notable clinicians both locally and nationally. Her experience speaks for itself. But her bed-side manner and calm, confident demeanor may slightly supersede her superior skills.
She resides in Virginia Beach with her husband, David, of 35 years. They have three children, Christian who is a 2nd LT in the Army, Kyle who is a senior at the United States Military Academy at West Point, and Jessie who is a sophomore at Cornell University. Nancy is also very involved in her church, Our Saviour’s Lutheran Church on Shore Drive. Her hobbies include running, surfing, paddle boarding, tennis, skiing, pickle ball, and softball.
Honors and Societies:
- Diplomate, American Board of Prosthodontists (ABP)
- Certificate – Prosthodontics Residency
- Certificate – General Practice Residency, VA Medical Center, Leavenworth, KS
- Veteran – Served 25 years with the United States Navy
- Miami University, Oxford, OH – BA Zoology 1976-1980
- The Ohio State University College of Dentistry – DDS 1980-1984
- General Practice Residency – VA Medical Center, Leavenworth, KS- 1984-1985
- Prosthodontics Residency – Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, MD – 1990-1992
- Tidewater Dental Association (TDA)
- Virginia Dental Association (VDA)
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Virginia Military Institute – BA in Biology in 1959
- Medical College of Virginia – DDS in 1964
- United States Army Dental Corps – 1964 to 1967
- Private Practice – General Dentistry & Implant Reconstruction 1967 to Present
- Diplomate – American Board of Oral Implantology
- Fellow – American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Fellow – Virginia State Dental Association
- Fellow – International College of Dentistry
- Fellow – Pierre Fauchard Academy
- Tidewater Dental Association (Past President)
- Virginia Dental Association
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of General Dentistry
- International College of Oral Implantology
- Alabama Implant Study Group (President Elect)
- Virginia Beach Dental Study Group (Past President)
- Society For Preservation of Oral Health (Past President)
- Seaboard Dental Study Group (Past President)
Bayside Sentara – Surgery Staff
Dr. Truman Baxter is a general dentist who focuses his practice in dental implants. He has training and experience in both the surgical and the prosthetic phases of implant therapy. He is a fellow of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry and a diplomate of the American Board of Oral Implantology with over 35 years of experience in dental implantology. He is an icon and nationally recognized leader in dental implantology. It is no wonder that patients of Dr. Baxter have come as far away as New England and across the U.S. to be treated. He has been specially trained for this procedure and has placed over 2000 implants, beginning in 1972. Dr. Baxter takes a genuine interest in meeting and exceeding the expectations of his patients. Dr. Baxter is semi-retired seeing only a very few select patients and volunteering at the free dental clinic in Virginia Beach.
A lifetime of success:
Dr. Baxter and Dr. Hogan place implants with the intention of having them last a lifetime. Nothing is more important to success than properly planned prosthetic restorations, patient education and periodic re-evaluation of your dental implants. We do everything possible to minimize failure and maximize success. To maximize the potential of success, our doctors stay abreast of the latest dental implant practices and state-of-the-art technology to include: 3-Dimensional implant planning with Cone Beam CT Scans, Laser Dentistry, piezoelectric surgery, digital radiographs, CAD-CAM restorations, Nobel Biocare Dental Implants, Zimmer dental implants, Bicon dental implants, AATB accredited Rocky Mountain Tissue Bank allografts, and CAT Scans. In addition, Dr. Hogan and Dr. Baxter keep informed of the latest research and trends by frequent participation in formal implant education classes, symposiums and local dental study clubs.
Office Manager and Treatment Coordinator
Lisa has over thirty years of dental experience and is very excited to be a part of Dr. Hogan’s family. Patient satisfaction is her number-one priority. As an existing patient or a new one, if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact her or stop by her office at any time. she has an “open door” policy and is always willing and able to speak with you.
Lisa was born in Charleston, South Carolina and has lived in Hampton Roads most of her life. She will tell you that she loves living here. The people are friendly, the beaches are beautiful and the seafood is excellent! Lisa’s family is very important to her. She is one of six children and has 14 nieces and nephews as well as 8 great nieces and nephews. In her spare time, she loves to cook and try new restaurants, travel, spend her weekends on the beach and shop; she declares, “I am a Maxxinista!”
|Nicole Dixon has always had an interest and desire to be in the field of dentistry. She attended the Gene W. Hirschfeld School of Dental Hygiene at Old Dominion Univiserity and graduated Summa Cum Laude, with a Bachelors of Science in Dental Hygiene in 2012. Nicole was born and raised in Maryland, but fell in love with the area and people of Hampton Roads and decided to stay. Nicole joined our practice in June of 2012, where she provides services including overall oral health assessments for both initial and existing patients, oral cancer screenings, adult and child cleanings, non-surgical periodontal therapy and individual patient counseling of both oral and overall health maintenance. She is certified by the American Dental Association to administer local anesthesia. Nicole takes pride in developing relationships with all her patients and working together with Dr. Hogan to meet the individual oral health needs of each patient.In her spare time, Nicole enjoys spending time with her fiancé, family and friends, relaxing, watching movies, cruising on the back of her fiancés Harley and trying anything adventurous at least once!|
RDH, MS (Dental Hygienist)
|Nancy received her dental education from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with a Certificate in Dental Hygiene in 1974, a BS in 1976 and a MS in 1983. In addition to many years in clinical dental hygiene practice, she has experience with dental education as a former Dental Assisting Program Director at Median School of Allied Health Careers in Pittsburgh, PA, and former Associate Professor of Dental Hygiene at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, VA. In her free time she enjoys reading, arts & crafts, and gardening. She and Charles were married in 2000.|
Patient Care Coordinator
|Alicia was born and raised in Western. MA and moved to Hampton Roads in 2005. She has worked in the dental field since 2007 and really enjoys patient care. Outside of the office her hobbies include spending time with her 3 children, working out, & going to the beach.|
|Ashley was born and raised in northern Michigan, where she graduated from Northwestern Michigan College. She has been a dental assistant since 2010. She enjoys helping people to restore their smiles through dental implants and cosmetic dentistry. She and her husband moved to Virginia Beach in the Fall of 2011. In her personal time, she enjoys walking her dog and spending time with her husband.|
|Trish was born in New York but raised locally in Virginia Beach. She is a graduate of Easton School of Technology where she earned her certificate in dental assisting. Trish enjoys going to the beach, watching her son play baseball and spending time with family and friends.|